- Is it dangerous?
- What should I wear?
- How fit do I need to be?
- Can anyone learn to climb?
- Do I need to start indoors?
- Do I need a lot of upper body strength?
- Are auto-belays safe?
- What are the "rules" of top-roping?
- What are the "rules" of bouldering?
- How do I learn to belay?
- How do I tie-in?
- When bouldering, how do I fall safely?
- What's some basic climbing technique?
- What are V-grades?
- What is the Yosemite Decimal System?
- Do you have a checklist of items I should bring to the crag?
- What's the difference between an onsight, redpoint, and flash?
- Is it okay to play music at the crag?
- Is it okay to bring my dog to the crag?
- How do I clean a bolted anchor?
- How do I coil a climbing rope?
- Should I lower or rappel from the anchor?
- How much should my shoes hurt?
- How tight should my shoes be?
- Do my shoes need to be resoled?
- What's the advantage of downturned shoes?
- What's the advantage of asymmetrical shoes?
- How can I keep my shoes from smelling?
- Should I prefer velcro, lace-up, or slipper shoes?
- How can I keep my shoes safe while resting my feet on a multi-pitch?
- What shoes are good for crack climbing?
- Does resoling change the feel of the shoe?
- How many times can I resole my shoe?
- Do I need to buy approach shoes?
The Lead Test
- How good do I need to be to lead climb?
- What are the gym employees going to ask me on my lead test?
- What if I screw up?
- How do I avoid putting my foot in front of the rope?
- Should I practice falling?
- How can I rappel with a Gri-Gri?
- What do I do if I forget or drop my rappel device?
- How should I join two ropes for rappel?
- What's the best spring-loaded camming device?
- How do I make an alpine draw?
- What biner should I use to rack nuts?
- How do I rack long slings?
- What do I need to start sport climbing outside?
- What kind of quickdraws should I buy?
- How do I mark the middle of my rope?
- How do I cut a rope?
- How do I bail on a sport route?
- I have two bolts to make an anchor. Is it okay to just use quickdraws?